Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Soma NYC Photodump Part 1

I know I said I would post these a couple weeks ago. Sue me. It's been busy out here. Anyhow, here's the goods.


The first day of the trip began a little way outside Hackensack New Jersey. I was lured into a local diner by this awesome sign. 10 points if you know what that's about.


I won't attest to the accuracy of this, but it was very authentic. They had a number of signed picture of celebs including Robert De Niro on display.


You have to love the Art Deco metal work in here; just gorgeous. I got the sense that the same folks that were eating breakfast had been coming there for years.


This was my first time in New Jersey, so I wasn't sure what to expect. My friends who come from NJ assured me that they no longer practice human sacrifice or cannibalism.


Here's our little Soma table at the Action Bicycles Expo.


I gave away a couple hundred stickers, Soma and New Albion catalogs and got to meet a lot of great folks from shops around the New York Metropolitan Area. Thanks to everybody for coming out!


Had a couple minutes to walk around and check out some of the other vendors that were there too. Thompson brought all the bling.


Maxxis had some nice skinwall 29er tires on display too.


After the show I grabbed my Chrome backpack and hit the road. Riding through NJ was a surprisingly pleasant experience.


The view of Manhattan from the NJ side of the Hudson River was quite imposing. Makes SF look like a fishing village by comparison.



Hopped a ferry across the river to Lower Manhattan.


The weather looked a bit ominous, but the temperature was actually very mild.


I snuck through the snarl of traffic and made it past all the tourists across the Manhattan bridge over to Brooklyn. After dropping off my bag and taking a quick shower I took off for a night ride to explore the city. Stay tuned for part 2.

No comments: